|The Tide! - Blogs You Should Be Reading/Entries You Should Read Here|
Blogs You Should Be Reading/Entries You Should Read Here
Hi all! Happy Monday!
What's that you say? It's not Monday? RIGHT! Yes, it is Tuesday, and now it is my job to apologize profusely for not posting yesterday. Mondays are a special busy beast here on the Island, and it seems they have become more so here lately. That is, of course, no excuse for ignoring you, dear readers, and I assure you this neglect will not happen again, as I am in the process of creating a brilliant, fool-proof blog planning system that will ensure the existence of a blog for you DAILY. So, there's that. Now that we have that covered, let's move on, shall we?
I have declared this week the "Week of the Blog". Yesterday, the plan was to introduce you to some of the great education blogs out there that you should be reading (if you're not already), and today's plan is to point out to you what I think are some of the best posts we have made here. Today's blog will do both those things. Tomorrow, we'll talk about how you can start your own blog. Thursday, we'll revisit student blogging, and why it could be good for your students. Friday, fun day as it is, I'll revisit my photo blog of sorts, "Jess' Daily Origami", and tell you how I have been doing with my resolution to learn something new. I hope you're excited about it. I love blogging and blogs in general. I hope I am able to adequately share that love with you. So, without further ado...
5 Education Blogs You Should Be Reading
- TeachPaperless - http://www.teachpaperless.blogspot.com - Shelley Blake-Plock is an artist and teacher who runs a completely paperless classroom and blogs about it. His blog was nominated in the 2009 Edublogs Awards in three categories: "Most Influential Blog Post", "Best New Blog", and "Best Resource Sharing Blog". He is an unabashed advocate for the use of web 2.0 tools in the classroom. His ideas are fresh, environmentally friendly, and intellectually challenging. He is also an entertaining writer, and his blogs are always an enjoyable read.
- Blogging About the Web 2.0 Connected Classroom - http://web20classroom.blogspot.com/ - Steven W. Anderson is an Instructional Technologist, power-Tweeter and blogger. He was nominated for "Best Teacher Blog" and "Best Educational Tech and Support Blog" in the 2009 Edublog Awards. Not only does Mr. Anderson blog about Web 2.0 in the classroom, but about myriad other issues in education, including a weekly recap of the weekly #edchat, a twitter chat that includes hundreds of teachers that takes place each Tuesday.
- Free Technology For Teachers - http://www.freetech4teachers.com - Richard Byrne is a Google Certified Teacher who authors this blog that was voted "Best Resource Sharing Blog" in the 2009 Edublogs Awards. The blog has a daily audience of over 15,000 subscribers. In this blog, he shares resources he finds all over the web that teachers can use for free, as well a shares his ideas for tech integration.
- Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day - http://larryferlazzo.edublogs.org/ - Larry Ferlazzo's blog, 1st runner up for "Best Resource Sharing Blog" and nominee and runner up for several more, uses his blog to share some of the best websites on the web for educators working with ELL, ESL, and EFL students. When he's not sharing websites, he is posting thoughtful insights into issues in Education.
- The Cool Cat Teacher Blog - http://coolcatteacher.blogspot.com/ - Cool Cat Teacher, AKA Vicki A. Davis, is a "teacher, entrepreneur, edublogger, conference presenter and freelance writer"*. She is an enthusiastic and entertaining educator, writing about everything in her blog from web 2.0 in education, to more education issues, to self-improvement. Her blogs are always an entertaining read, and will enrich both your professional and personal life.
If you are just joining us here on The Tide, here is my reading list for you from our own blog. Enjoy! This should give you plenty of reading for today. Join us tomorrow when we discuss YOUR blog, whether it exists (yet) or not. Happy TUESDAY!
The Tide's Top 5 Must Read Blog Posts
- The Tide: Our intro blog
- Island Fun - Island Tour: Take a look inside our world by taking this photo tour of our offices.
- Ed News - Tech Addiction Harms Learning: A critical look at (what I believe to be) a flawed study.
- Web 2.0 Monday - PLN: How to build an online PLN
- v3 Feature Focus - Writing Assignment: A short look at one of our most popular v3 enhancement.
Island Community Administrator
Need help? E-mail us at email@example.com.
"True interactivity is not about clicking on icons or downloading files, it's about encouraging communication."
- Edwin Schlossberg
FuseTalk Standard Edition - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.